Today is Giving Tuesday. And apparently those fundraisers people do on Facebook really do work. A new survey found requests from friends and family are the #1 thing that get us to donate to a cause.
39% of us have donated because someone we knew asked us to. And 19% said they've specifically donated to a social media fundraiser. Here are a few more random stats for Giving Tuesday . . .
1. 95% of us have donated time or money to a charity at some point in our lives.
2. 88% of parents actively encourage their kids to be generous and donate.
3. Being on the receiving end of a good deed makes you 20% more likely to DO a good deed and pay it forward.
4. 23% of us donate less than $100 to charity each year. 28% donate between $100 and $500 . . . 10% donate between $500 and $1,000 . . . and 13% give more than that. Also, 83% of people wish they could give more than they currently do.
5. In any given year, about 30% of annual giving happens in the month of December. And 70% of us feel guilty if we don't donate at least something during the holidays.